Monday, November 9, 2009



November 8, 2009 The Water Fall Expedition Part 2

Seeing how I did not have enough room to remember and Share this experience I felt the need to include it in a second journal entry. After a great Church service today at Mawe Tatu, today we decided to take an excursion to a water fall that a friend had told me was located approx. 6Km from Eldoret.

In addition to wanting to see the falls on the way home, A couple weeks ago my Pastor email me and asked for some up to date pictures of Terry & I dressed in our Sunday best to use for the February annual missions conference at our Church. So all dressed up we felt it would be a great opportunity to get some nice pictures while experiencing some of Kenya’s beautiful creation.
We arrived at the site of the waterfall and started our private tour by the security guard from the power company which oversees the site of the waterfalls because of a hydro electric plant located there.

What started out as simply an opportunity to see some sights and get some pictures turned out to be one most stressful times since we arrived in country. Not only was the trip to the falls a long trek (5Km) but it was also dangerous because of the steep rocky slopes and having to cross the river three times. It was one of those situations that the further you went the more you regretted it and the harder it was to turn around. My stress came from worrying about Terry falling, hurting an ankle or knee and any one of another 100 scenarios. In addition to tough climbing in wet shoes and sandals our tour guide was a guard named Judas. Just what I needed, to be led into a dangerous terrain by a man named Judas.
 About half way through the hike I had to ask him if he was saved. He said yes which did not give me much comfort at the time but never the less eased my conscious. So enjoy the pictures and the laugh but remember you have been tangled in a spider’s web before also. LOL.
Pastor, we did our best but the lighting was poor and we were slap wore out by the time we arrived at the site.

God’s Speed,


Chuck & Terry Fernandez
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Comments for Chuck & Terry....God Bless