Monday, January 19, 2015

Finishing Touches, Challenges & Building Dedication

We have been so busy over the last week that I am not sure I can fit all of what happened into my normal short summary and I am not quit sure where to start, but here we go. Our short term Mission team started this week processing wood and then loading a truck full of pews and windows bound for the two Churches at Lake Victoria.
We would send them one day ahead of us as we wanted to try to assemble them there during our visit. These are the finishing touches with regard to our investment in these particular sanctuaries. Make no mistake about it, we will continue to teach, train and encourage the Pastors and leaders at these two Churches but there is a definite end to what we consider to be our part in construction. They have a great foundation with what is by Kenyan standards a very nice building that they are proud of, however whatever happens from here moving forward is their responsibility, ie: flooring, installing windows, etc...
                                                                 Benches
Lake Victoria Church....
While visiting the Lake Victoria we would also do evangelism at a neighboring fishing village called Misory. This is our third visit there and not only are we training these young Pastors (George and Jackson) by teaching them to be fishers of fishermen but we are also sharing our burden and vision to reach the lost. We are also beginning to sense that the converts we have made over the last year are starting to desire a work there.
                                                                Pastor Tim
Praise the Lord!
During our visit to the Lake, I also received word that one of the men I have been encouraging in the Lord died of Malaria when I returned to the USA with Terry.
It is not too often that I get personally involved in too many of the individual lives of members because that is the National Pastors work, but God put James on my heart in a big way.
When I met him in 2010 during evangelism at Wichlum he was a backslidden drunken disgraced Pastor who was living the life of a Prodigal.
I will never forget His words during that first meeting, "Missionary, will you help me find the path back to God?"
From that time forward I took an interest in His life praying for him, encouraging him to come for our teachings at the Lake, giving him study material and a New KJV Bible. Over the last four years I saw his countenance change and as he become an active Christian again.
So while on one hand we are sad to see him go home to be with the Lord, on the other hand we praise the Lord for the opportunity to help him be restored to fellowship with God and the Church before his death.
Can I get an AMEN, God is good!
On our way back from three long days at Lake Victoria we would continue to be challenged with vehicle issues.
Two week summary: Broken drive shaft, shock mount, water pump housing, alternator and cut wires going to sending unit and temperature gauge.
God has protected us and blessed us and while we have had to stop a lot we have yet to be stranded. The conclusion to this week was the building dedication at Landmark Baptist Church of Ndivisi. There were around six hundred people in attendance and it was a great day of singing, praising, teaching and preaching.
                                                Deacon Phil Shemwell Teaching
                                       Pastor Tim Johnson Preaching God's Word
Around ten Churches where represented at the service and there was a moment in time that I want to share and record. During the service as I listened and watched the Men of God speak that I have poured my life into over the last six years I started to see them in a different light. While I have always treated them with the utmost respect and have been honored to work with them and teach them, up to this point our relationship has been much like a parent child relationship even though they are grown men.
However, God clearly spoke to my heart Sunday and gently reminded me that they are mature Men of God who are leading God's people as if they have been in the ministry for many years. It may not sound like much but if you are a Pastor and or Missionary and you start to see your people in this light there is a certain amount of validation God gives you by His grace that is very rewarding. The Word of God is far more able to express this than I am:
3 John 1:4
"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."
Will close for now as we have another crazy busy week ahead of us with a three day seminar and a trip to Uganda.
We covet your continued prayers as we cannot accomplish all that we are doing without His power.

God Bless,
Bro. Chuck & Sis. Terry Fernandez
Kenya/Uganda
DONATE
THRU SECURE PAYPAL


https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Comments for Chuck & Terry....God Bless