Monday, April 21, 2014

Why I Write, Pews & Resurrection Sunday

Easter Sunday
A few years ago a Nobel Prize writer of poetry made these remarks,
“All my writing in the world cannot add more than a crickets chirp to the voice of life,  But no one can write as authentically about my life’s experiences, my hearts feelings, my outlook on life as I can.  Therefore these same experiences of life find their way into my poetry, my communication and hopefully into the lives of others.  That is why I write.” 
While the poet has hit the nail on the head regarding writing and sharing our experiences here on the mission field, I would add to it that I know my writing is rambling, far from grammatically correct and some might say horrible as I have difficulty keeping a cohesive thought pattern because there is so much to share and remember week in and week out.
But, the bottom line with regard to our lives and journaling can be found in the
book of Matthew 5:16 
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works,  and glorify your Father which is in heaven. "
 Our hope and desire is not that people would read of our mission work in Kenya and say,
 “What a great Missionary”, but rather people would read of our mission work in Kenya and say, “What a great Savior”.  
Our lives continue to be consumed with construction and developing the leaders in the fourteen Churches we have helped organize.   We have started construction on four of the five Churches we raised funds for during last year’s deputation work and in addition to the those four new Churches under construction we have three other Churches which we are giving limited assistance to who are putting up brick walls. 
The math says we have seven new sanctuaries simultaneously under construction which totally blows me away.
God is a great and awesome God.  
In addition to continued construction, this week we assembled pews to go with the new tent we are currently fabricating for the work in Uganda.  
It is always a blessing to wrap your hands around a project that you know is going to be used for the glory of God.   As I cut, drilled and assembled these small pews I could not help but to think and pray for God’s precious people who will be praying, praising and learning God’s word
while sitting on them. 
Believe me when I say that it provides a whole nother level of passion and commitment to performing the simplest tasks in our ministry.  Finally we had a great resurrection service at the Landmark Baptist Church of Soysambu which is located near the river Nzoia. 
We did not make it a sunrise service but meeting under the roof of a Church with open air sides still provides a glimpse of God’s beautiful creation.
I preached from I Cor. 15 on the hope that the resurrection of Jesus gives us and the admonition to be steadfast, immovable and always abounding in the work of the Lord for we know our labour is not in vain.   Amen! 
                                           Sunday School Helper
 After our traditional Church family meal, we traveled to Pastor Japheth’s home to set up his solar powered tablet and video lessons.
Tablet Teaching
Bible Students
                                      Thank you to those individuals and Churches who have helped purchase these ministry transforming tablets for our Pastors. 
                                                            Terry Helping
                                                        Terry and Pastor's Wives
If you are interested in helping with educating Men of God we still need another half dozen or so.    We covet your continued prayers and we thank you for allowing us the privilege of sharing our journey of faith.
 
God Bless,
 
Bro. Chuck & Sis. Terry Fernandez
Kenya/Uganda
Phil. 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Comments for Chuck & Terry....God Bless