Monday, March 24, 2014

Kenya March 2014. Two Reports from Our Texans

Pastor Don Moore, Providence Missionary Baptist Church, Center Texas
Pastor Don writes;
Mission work in Kenya with Brother Chuck was such a blessing to me. The different villages that we were in were a real eye opener. I saw a people that were receptive to the Word of God. The seed had already been planted and the Lord allowed us to water and God gave the increase! For this I rejoice! We saw sixteen people profess Christ as their Lord and Savior in our first evangelism outing. The men that Brother Chuck has trained are top of the line. They are on fire for Jesus. Some of them are walking many miles to get the gospel deep into the bush. The Doctrine that these men have received in such a short time is amazing. God is working in the lives of the people here in Kenya. For all who care, I encourage you to pray for Brother Chuck and Sister Terry. I saw and experienced firsthand what they go through on a daily basis. I saw a village where Satan is working hard to stop the Gospel from being taught. He tried this last week to prevent the local Church from getting a permanent place to worship. This Church at Wichlum needs your prayers as does their Pastor George and Brother Chuck as they teach and do evangelism. He puts his life on the line each day, please pray for them. There is so much more to say but words cannot really express just what I have experienced here. If you get a chance, come to Kenya and work with Brother Chuck and Sister Terry. In closing, this by far was my best mission trip ever and I have been going on mission trips since 1998. I have been blessed.

Brother Don Moore, Pastor

Providence MBC

Center, Texas
Note: Please remember to pray for us on Wednesday as we travel to Uganda to preach the gospel and to follow up on those we led to Christ last year.
Brother Don Moore...

              Nic Wheeler Teaching...and writing below
What have I learned from this mission trip? I came into this mission trip thinking wow, Jesus wants believers to share the Gospel with the whole world? It seemed to me like an impossible mission. We flew over London, and drove by the slums of Nairobi... And all I felt was how hopeless it was to reach the world with the message of Jesus' love for mankind. I said to myself that There are soo many people in this world and so few messengers, how can we even make an impact? However, this mission trip showed me how wrong I was. We were given opportunity to serve our God with men who have laid their lives down to follow Him. These Men left their comfortable living, their families, and their friends.
God led them into desert valleys, mountains, enemy lands, and some of the most dangerous regions around.
They led the way, as they were led by God. We shared the Gospel where it had never been shared before, we helped build buildings to help strengthen the Churches, and we helped encourage those Churches to continue in the faith.
And through it all, I saw a passion for the Gospel of Jesus like I have never seen before. I saw hope. We were told stories of how even In the face of great obstacles, God still provided. I saw men and women praising God, reaching the lost, improving their knowledge of the scripture, receiving Christ into their lives, and being baptized.
I learned that my vision of God was small when I arrived, but after seeing how God was truly doing a great work all throughout western Kenya, I realized that from two sayings from the people we have been living with during this whole trip held an amazing amount of truth about our God: "Turot Woah" our God is Big, and "Anaweza Yesu" Jesus is able! God is not small and His mission is not impossible. Our GOD is BIG and His mission is possible, because Jesus...is able!

Nic Wheeler, Member

Providence MBC

Center, Texas
                                     Uganda Kokoron....Missionary Chuck

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Comments for Chuck & Terry....God Bless